Who We Are
Modern Creative Life is a Literary/Arts Magazine with the mission of honoring the art of creative living. This is our website, found at https://moderncreativelife.com . We are a not-for-profit publication that primarily publishes this magazine at this digital address. On occasion, we do publish collections in book format. To learn more about the team at Modern Creative Life, please see our Masthead.
Acknowledgment & Acceptance of Terms
Modern Creative Life is committed to protecting your privacy and takes very seriously the usage, collection and transference of personal data. The policy below states our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when your computer or you personally interact with our website.
Participating Vendor/Merchant Policies
This website offers services (like data collection forms, social media sites, author websites) that link to other websites. These site have their own privacy terms. Because we do not have direct control over these sites, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of those sites.
Below you will find links to the sites we partner with, along with links to their privacy policies. We recommend that you review these policies before providing personal or confidential data or before completing any transactions with these sites.
Information Collection & Cookies
Modern Creative Life follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, Modern Creative Life uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
First, what is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that I/we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. You can find more information about web cookies here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for you to use the features available on this website. They include, for example, the ability to login and post a comment.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize, track, and count the number of visitors who come to this website. They also allow us to track broken pages on the website and to count what visitors do when they click through the website.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to track and remember your preferences for our website. For example, we can personalized content for you, greet you by name and/or remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We use two different kinds of cookies on this website: First party and third-party cookies (both defined in detail on the Wikipedia link above).
These cookies are specifically about ModernCreativeLife.com and track your usage of this website. These cookies are considered essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, include:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit- it is anonymous and contains no personally identifying information;
- Page number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Comment – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
This website sets different types of third-party cookies to track usage, social sharing and more. These cookies are not under my control and serve to help us understand the visitors who come to the website, as well as support our connection to other third party sites. (Again, see the Wikipedia page above for detailed explanations of third party services/cookies).
Included in our list of third-party cookies are the following services:
- Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp to manage our newsletter. If you choose to sign up for my newsletter you may choose what types of email you receive. Mailchimp does collect some data and their privacy statement can be found here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Your rights with cookies:
Cookies are set by many entities and may include the website’s owners/developers/managers, plugins, third-party providers, advertisers and anyone else who collects or uses the website’s data.
As a user of this (or any) website, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some, or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
To learn how to block cookies, simply go to Google and type in “how do I block cookies” on whatever browser you use (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and you will find the details needed to block some or all cookies on your browser.
In addition to the non-personally identifiable data collected by cookies, this website also offers the ability to contact with us via contact forms, submission opportunities, and other similar files.
Information and informational items are provided in exchange for adding your email address and possibly your name, business and or website information to one of our mailing lists. All mailing lists are stored and executed via MailChimp for the sole purpose of communicating information, as well as occasional marketing of services and products. Each mailing list will specifically detail what type of emails you may receive and possibly the frequency. You may unsubscribe from said email list(s) at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
Any submission to Modern Creative Life
Modern Creative Life accepts written submissions from writers, such as essays, short stories, poetry, etc. For the full list of types of pieces we accept, please review our submission page. Submissions to this magazine must be submitted in accordance with our Submission Guidelines.
When you submit to Modern Creative Life, you are giving us permission to use your information to contact you about your submission and communicate with you about your work. You are also giving us permission to contact you if we choose to include your work in one of our Annual Anthologies. We never share your information outside of the staff that contacts you about any individual piece you submit to Modern Creative Life.
Any information you include along with your submission, such as name,likeness, author website, and/or social media links will be shared with readers of Modern Creative Life. We will never share your email address.
If you wish to contact us, the best way is as follows:
Address: PO Box 752021, Dayton, OH 45475
Effective date: May 18, 2017. Last update: May 25, 2018